Physiokinetic Ltd open for face-to-face consultations subject to initial telephone / online health screening
Physiokinetic Limited will be open for face to face appointments in some circumstances at the City Centre practice whilst the country is in Tier 5 lockdown. Face to face (F2F) appointments will only proceed following completion of a phone or online risk assessment conducted by the physiotherapist where a determination will be made regarding the necessity of and the relative risk associated with F2F. This is in line with government and Chartered Society of Physiotherapy guidance regarding medical appointments
Here are some key points, from our COVID-19 policy and risk assessment about face to face consultations. More details can be found in our COVID-19 Patient Information Leaflet and our short video on face-to-face consultations:
- In accordance with the latest CSP guidelines, we will adopt a ‘virtual first approach’. All initial assessments will be undertaken virtually (through Skype/Zoom/phone consultation).
- As part of your initial virtual consultation we will conduct a screening questionnaire through which we will assess the risks and benefits of proceeding with a face-to-face consultation.
- In some instances, a face-to-face appointment will not be necessary e.g. when the injury/complaint can be dealt with virtually or when a face-to-face appointment is not sought or wanted by the customer. In some instances, a face-to-face appointment will be contraindicated due to health or a combination of other risk factors including age. With all of the above, we can continue via a virtual appointment.
- If we decide that there is justification for a face-to-face consultation, you will be sent a consent form and information leaflet to read. You (and anyone attending with you) will be required to complete the consent form electronically on the day of the appointment.
- You (and anyone accompanying you to the appointment) will be required to observe social distancing rules within the 48 hours prior to your face-to-face appointment. This remains 2 metres wherever possible and 1 metre plus as a minimum from 04/07/20. This is in line with the latest research.
- You will be re-screened upon attending the clinic and your body temperature will be checked with an infra-red thermometer.
- A maximum of 2 patients and 2 therapists and up to 1 person accompanying the patient will be allowed in the clinic at any one time. Nobody else will be allowed into the waiting area during the appointment.
- If you need someone else to attend the appointment with you (e.g. a parent or guardian), they will also be subject to pre-appointment and in-clinic screening.
- Your therapist will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in line with latest Public Health England (PHE) guideline and will wash their hands before/after every consultation for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- You will be required to wear a face mask throughout the appointment.
- You will be required to sanitise your hands upon attending the clinic. You will be given gloves if you need to touch any equipment during your appointment (i.e. weights, resistance bands).
- We will maintain 2 metres social distance during the appointment wherever possible.
- Appointments will be spaced to allow for disinfection and ventilation of the room.
- We will not accept cash. All payments will be with card or mobile phone contactless payment or via the IZettle payment link that we can send directly to you prior to the appointment.
- We will review our policy regularly and we will make changes in line with the latest guidelines and scientific evidence.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0121 440 7736 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our warmest regards,
The Physiokinetic Team