Physiokinetic Ltd re-opening for face-to-face consultations
After careful consideration and subject to an in-depth risk assessment process done on a case by case basis, we have decided to re-open our city centre clinic to face-to-face consultations from the 1st of July. However, it is not yet business as normal!
Here are some key points, from our COVID-19 policy and risk assessment about face-to-face consultations. More details can be found in our COVID-19 Patient Information Leaflet and our short video on face-to-face consultations:
- In accordance with the latest CSP guidelines, we will adopt a ‘virtual first approach’. All initial assessments will be undertaken virtually (through Skype/Zoom/phone consultation).
- As part of your initial virtual consultation we will conduct a screening questionnaire through which we will assess the risks and benefits of proceeding with a face-to-face consultation.
- In some instances, a face-to-face appointment will not be necessary e.g. when the injury/complaint can be dealt with virtually or when a face-to-face appointment is not sought or wanted by the customer. In some instances, a face-to-face appointment will be contraindicated due to health or other risk factors such as age. With all of the above, we can continue via a virtual appointment.
- If we decide that there is justification for a face-to-face consultation, you will be sent a consent form and information leaflet to read. You (and anyone attending with you) will be required to complete the consent form electronically on the day of the appointment.
- You (and anyone accompanying you to the appointment) will be required to observe social distancing rules within the 48 hours prior to your face-to-face appointment. This remains 2 metres wherever possible and 1 metre plus as a minimum from 04/07/20. This is in line with the latest research.
- You will be re-screened upon attending the clinic and your body temperature will be checked with an infra-red thermometer.
- Only 1 patient and 1 therapist and up to 1 person accompanying the patient will be allowed in the clinic at any one time. Nobody else will be allowed into the waiting area during the appointment.
- If you need someone else to attend the appointment with you (e.g. a parent or guardian), they will also be subject to pre-appointment and in-clinic screening.
- Your therapist will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in line with latest Public Health England (PHE) guideline and will wash their hands before/after every consultation for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- You will be required to wear a face mask throughout the appointment.
- You will be required to sanitise your hands upon attending the clinic. You will be given gloves if you need to touch any equipment during your appointment (i.e. weights, resistance bands).
- We will maintain 2 metres social distance during the appointment wherever possible.
- Appointments will be staggered with a minimum of 15 minutes between them to allow for disinfection and ventilation of the room.
- We will not accept cash. All payments will be with card or mobile phone contactless payment or via the IZettle payment link that we can send directly to you prior to the appointment.
- We will review our policy regularly and we will make changes in line with the latest guidelines and scientific evidence.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0121 440 7736 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our warmest regards,
The Physiokinetic Team